Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Trades 7/28 and 7/29


Exactly 6 months after D's mother flew home to LA for good, life is finally starting to feel like the one I had before hell broke lose in June 2012 with her touching down in Singapore.

In the time that her ladyship was here, I lost two of the things I love the most in my entire life, turned vegan, and nearly went bonkers.

I quit vegan-ism early this month after nearly dying from malnutrition, managed to put back some weight, and am starting to look like myself again.

Luke has been with us for more than 2 months now. I haven't a clue what he will grow up to be like, and that's a first for me. He is turning out to be the most affectionate cat I've ever had, and I'm so glad I brought him home. 

I am making my best effort to be at peace with Keish and Alberto's leaving me before I was ready to say good-bye.

Everything in His time.


 
Trades
I closed my 6A short (entered in February this year) last week, took a loss of more than USD 3000, and slept well for the first time in months.

My first day-trades since February:

CL 5min

GC 5min

@ Aaron: yes, you can send me a private mail at julianatse@gmail.com.

@ Lonely: a girl is allowed to whine :-P
I'm a Christian. Thought you knew?

@ Sean: Thank you for the touching note.
You asked:
--if I ignore news
Yes, I ignore news altogether. 
--if I base my judgment on certain candle patterns
Not entirely, since specific patterns don't "work on" all symbols and across all time-frames. For intraday charts, I find candlestick patterns frequently unreliable. That said, I have always used only candles (I am not able to read bar charts).
--if I watch several symbols, and wait patiently for a good setup in one, rather than just focusing on one thing every day
Yes, I watch up to 5 symbols at most, and wait IMpatiently for my preferred setup to show :-)
--if you should come to Singapore to look for Mr. Michael Woo
I am not sure that you will find Mr Woo. He has not been responding even to my texts and I am actually starting to get really worried about him.
Share |

2 comments:

Sean said...

Thanks for replying!... Yeah it seems that hunting in multiple contracts is essential to success; while focusing on one contract and forcing trades in it every day is the hard way. I've gradually added CL and JY to my daily watch/trade list, while watching but rarely trading ES.

I've considered psyche origins of "self-sabotage", and all sorts of other psychologizing, to explain my behavior of apparently intentionally letting go of profits; but I think it comes down to physiology in the end: like a drug, boosting serotonin (for example), the "high" of several winning trades is naturally followed by a behavioral "low", which is basically the brain being depleted of (or downregulating receptors for) something that's needed for behavior regulation... Impulse control is reduced, and I feel overcome by a demand that the market just go the way I trade--analysis is forgotten, the brain just doesn't work right. The purpose becomes "I just have be right" rather than "I want to make money". Sort of how anger or blind stubbornness are a natural response to feeling helpless or frustrated.

For me, I think a generally healthy diet, and also supplements like pregnenolone, iodine, selenium, lithium orotate, and even nootropics, have helped reduce this problem, and established contrasting behavior that shows the problem for what it is (physiological in nature, rather than primarily and elusively psychological), by feeling more detached from trades--my brain's analytical state becoming more dependable... But it's still *the* challenge.

Do you think that's what's usually responsible when a trader feels like "his own worst enemy"?

THANKS :)

Ed said...

You look great in those pics!

Didn't know you went vegan for awhile, I went mostly vegan the last 3 years. It's tough to plan and eat right, and may need supplementing on vitamin d, b12, and omega 3s. So instead of going too extreme, I think it's better to focus on the nutritarian diet, about 90% plant-based:
http://www.drfuhrman.com/library/what-is-a-nutritarian-diet.aspx